Tired With Your Dark and Enclosed Rooms? Here Are Some Ways to Make Them Appear Spacious and Bright
It is the dream of every homeowner to have a well decorated home. But, it is very important to take note that the space and lighting are two factors to achieve what you want. Not all windows in your house are huge enough to make your interior bright. But, there are some ways you can apply in order to maximize the light inside your house. Here are some things you should know.
1. First, you need to consider using plain light wall color. Using light colors make your interior brighter and bigger. Dark colors and busy patterns can make your space look more enclosed. So, choosing smooth, plain and light colors for your wall makes your space appears bright and airy. To ensure that it will not appear very plain, you can decorate the room with the best accessories. This is very important if you are planning to sell your property in the years to come. Most people just love the looks of plain white walls, so it will take you so much to redecorate your place.
2. Replace your windows and doors for more light. A door with large glass panels can improve the light coming in the room. You can also consider having sliding glass patio doors. You can also change your windows and get quotations from local companies. The doors and windows in the market today are more efficient especially when it comes to energy. So, you are sure that your investment is worth it.
3. Having a large mirror inside the room can also help. Aside from bringing in personality into your room, it will improve the brightness in the room. The light can bounce around your room once you position the mirror opposite your window. Whatever room it is, a mirror can sure make a dramatic difference.
4. Choose the right blinds and curtains. It is ideal to choose thin dress curtains and blackout roller blind. To make the room brighter, you can just roll the blinds up and down to make it dark. And with thinner curtains, you can achieve the desired look of your window without having to keep the light.
5. Add lamps and lights in the room. During the night, your room will be much brighter when you have enough lights and lamps to light it up. For your larger rooms, consider having table lamps and statement floor lamp.
Using these tips, you can sure make your place more spacious and bright.